Optoelectronic devices are widgets that exploit a radiation in optical band at their operation. They adopt, transform and generate a radiation in visible, IR and UV spectral bands. The main factors that ensure progress in optoelectronics are a development of ultrapure, defect-free materials and ultimate technologies for designing new modern devices and widgets.
Technological developments of the SRC «Carat» in optoelectronic field are:
- Prototypes of passively Q-switched microchip lasers on the base of epitaxial structures Y3Al5O12:Nd/Y3Al5O12:Cr4+ and Gd3Ga5O12:Nd/Gd3Ga5O12:Cr4+ generating optical radiation at 1.06 μm wavelength;
- Prototype of diode pump microlaser on the base of Gd3Ga5O12:Nd crystal generating optical radiation at 1.06 or 0.53 μm wavelength;
- Acoustooptical light modulator with the following parameters:
- diffraction efficiency – 4 %/W;
- frequency band center – 1,75 GHz;
- working frequency passband width – 500 MHZ;
- voltage standing-wave ratio (VSWR) – less than 3;
- working wavelength of optical radiation оптичного випромінювання – 0.63 μm;
- Electrooptical light modulator with the following parameters:
- high voltage pulse height – 2 kV;
- pulse duration – 20 ns;
- pulse repetition rate – 1.5 Hz;
- optical contrast – 1:100 no worth;
- radiation resistance – 0.2 GW at light pulse duration 20 ns and wavelength 1.064 μm.
- Solar cell modules.
Prototype of microchip laser
Solar cell package